In 2017, Xerox released 29 new devices with its new ConnectKey technology that goes beyond traditional printing. Each ConnectKey device uses mobile and cloud technology as well as a tablet-like interface to access workflows. The 29 ConnectKey devices is broken down into two groups: VersaLink for small-to-medium-sized businesses and AltaLink for larger companies.
The AltaLink C8100 Series consist of five color MFPs with standard printing, copying and scanning features and optional faxing. They range in engine speed from 30ppm to 70ppm.
Here are the five MFPs:
- The AltaLink C8130 ($14,748) prints and copies at 30ppm (in both black and color) and has a monthly duty cycle of 90,000 pages.
- The AltaLink C8135 ($16,748) prints and copies at 35ppm (in both black and color) and has a monthly duty cycle of 110,000 pages.
- The AltaLink C8145 ($20,754) prints and copies at 45ppm (in both black and color) and has a monthly duty cycle of 200,000 pages.
- The AltaLink C8155 ($24,854) prints and copies at 55ppm in black and 50ppm in color. It has a monthly duty cycle of 300,000 pages.
- The AltaLink C8170 ($31,000) prints and copies at 70ppm (in both black and color) and has a monthly duty cycle of 300,000 pages.
All five MFPs include a 1.91GHz processor, 8GB of memory and a 250GB hard drive. There is also a 10.1″ color touchscreen with a touch-and-swipe user interface that resembles mobile devices. They also comes with access to the Xerox App Gallery so users can download specific apps to help customize one-touch printing tasks that reflect their workloads.
PCL and PostScript are supported. USB, Ethernet and Wi-Fi Direct connectivity are standard. The C8100 Series support mobile printing and scanning. Users can print from and scan to a variety of apps, such as Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Mopria, Xerox Print Service Plug-in for Android and Near Field Communication (NFC) devices.
There’s also an optional Xerox EX-c C8100 Print Server for additional graphic and other professional-looking documents. The print server has a 2.4GHz processor, 2GB of memory and a 500GB hard drive. Other features include variable data printing, Fiery color management and mobile and cloud printing.
The AltaLink C8100 Series is a scalable line of MFPs for the medium-to-large organization that’s looking for color multifunctionality and a way to improve their productivity.